Top 5 Colombian Plates
- Bandeja Paisa – a delicious mix of white rice, red beans, shredded meat, chicharrón (pork rind), chorizo, morcilla (black pudding), fried egg, avocado, arepa and plantain. This plate is very nutritious, and holds a lot of caloric intake for individuals to consume and enjoy
- Ajiaco a type of chicken, corn and potato soup which comes accompanied with a plate of rice, avocado, arepa, some capers, a dish of cream and a banana.
- Empanadas – not a very healthy choice of food, but it will still get your taste buds jumping. Colombian’s treat themselves to a deep fried fast food snack filled with meat or potato, (aka) an empanada.
- Chicharrón- one of the most unhealthiest dishes from Colombia which is a type of deep fried pork rind
- Mondongo- a type of tripe soup with lots of vegetables and coriander. It often comes with a side plate of rice, ground meat, avocado, coriander, banana and of course the arepa, you can choose what you want to add to the soup or eat separately.